If the IRB-RPD reject your claim, it may be because:
- They do not believe your claim.
- You did not prove who you are.
- You did not show you had good reasons to need protection.
- The authorities in your country are able to protect you.
- There is a place in your country that is safe and reasonable for you to live in.
- You are a citizen of or live in another country.
- You have been involved in serious crime, war crimes, or crimes against humanity.
Options after your claim is rejected
If your claim is rejected, there are still ways to become a permanent resident in Canada. You may be able to: