Your virtual hearing is a videoconference using Microsoft Teams. You or your legal representative will get a Notice to Appear after the IRB-RPD sets a date and time. Read this notice carefully because it explains what to do.
- Reliable, secure, high-speed internet
- A computer or tablet
- Microsoft Teams software
- A quiet and private space
About five days before the hearing, the IRB-RPD will send your legal representative a link for the videoconference. They will share this link with you. If you have no legal representative, the IRB-RPD will email the link to you. Make sure the IRB-RPD has your correct email address, telephone number, and mailing address.
Change your hearing date or time
If you need to change your hearing date or time because of an emergency or illness, you must ask the IRB-RPD.
You or your legal representative must:
- Tell the IRB-RPD in writing (by email or fax) at least three working days before your hearing.
- Suggest three other dates and times for your hearing. The dates must be within ten business days of your original hearing date.
- Send a medical certificate from your doctor if your reason is medical. If you cannot get a medical certificate, you must include a letter explaining why not.