This is some bold text to translate with a link.
- List 1
- List 2
Who is a refugee?
To meet the definition of “Convention Refugee,” you must show that you meet all six parts of the definition below:
- If I return to my country, there is a serious possibility I will face persecution,
- this persecution is based on my: race / religion / nationality / political opinion / or membership in a particular social group,
To meet the definition of “Person In Need of Protection,” you must show that Part 1 OR 2 below is true for you:
- If I return to my country, I am likely to face torture by the authorities in my country.
- If I return to my country, I am likely to face risk to my life, or risk of cruel and unusual treatment or punishment,
- my government cannot protect me,
- I cannot live safely in any other part of my country or it is not reasonable for me – given who I am – to move to another part of my country,
- this risk is NOT because of inadequate medical care in my country.